Monday, April 23, 2012

Eeewww! That's Ugly!

I have been pulling my hair, trying to get this Rodenstock Trinar 45mm f2.8 Rangefinder lens to work on the NEX-5N, but I just couldn't find the right parts to do it, until yesterday when I found a weird part with a Henry's Outlet Store sticker on it!  Another FrankenLens was born.

A real beaut, eh?

This is the first rangefinder lens that I have adapted to NEX.  I was hoping the lens would have a very short flange focal distance, but alas, it's just not be!  The lens is almost like an SLR lens in terms of flange distance.  Anyway, it's a good experience, and the lens is very tiny, though it looks very ugly when mounted on the NEX-5N.  The lens itself is quite nice.  Very sharp at f2.8.  Too bad this afternoon it was raining and I only managed to snapped a few pictures.  I little hood I put on was not long enough, as you can see some hazy spots near the building and tree of the image below.

Black Bull -- NEX-5N & Rodenstock Trinar 45mm f2.8 @ f2.8

The focus travel is rather limited and the minimum focus distance is a very long three feet, common with rangefinder lenses but makes any kind of close up impossible without aids.  Hopefully I will have more chance to use it later on.

Tulip -- NEX-5N & Rodenstock Trinar 45mm f2.8 @ f2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment