Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunset with Hector

James Moriss #3 -- NEX-5 & Leitz Hector 135mm f4.5. Click to enlarge.

Actually, only half of Hector.  Went to the camera show today and picked up a few more bits of gear.  One of these is the front part of a Leitz Hector 135mm f4.5 (M-Mount or it could be LTM).  Funny thing is that when I saw this, I immediately thought of my home made NEX focusing helicoid.  Indeed, with a bit of work, I was able to use the lens in the evening.  Very happy with the optical quality.  As a matter of fact, I have not been disappointed with any Leica lenses I have had so far.  Anyway, I think it's $20 well spent.

Also picked up a Tamron 200mm f3.5 Adaptall, a Rollei QBM mount Voigtlander Color-Dynarex 200mm f4.  Would be interesting to see what difference there is between the Voigtlander and the Tamron other than 1/3 of a stop of light.

2 comments:

  1. nice .. could have made a really nice HDR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought of trying HDR many times, but never did it. I found the NEX and Panasonic sensors have better dynamic range than Canon sensors.

    ReplyDelete