Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sony A900 -- A tempting Alternative

Met Mawz at the camera shop on Friday, and we were looking at the Sony A900. We were wowed by the amazing view finder. I thought the 1Ds and the 5D finders were pretty good, but when you look through the A900's finder, there is a marked difference. With the 50mm f1.4 lens attached, the view was bright and clear. Could someone buy a camera purely because of the great viewfinder? Maybe. But when you combine a gorgeous viewfinder with a great sensor, good ergonomics, nice handling, and other misc goodies, and most importantly, a great price, it becomes a compelling buy.

Will I buy one? Probably not. I don't have any Sony/Minolta glass, but I can't say my heart didn't skip a beat when handling the A900. Very tempting, very tempting indeed.

True Love Cafe - 5D & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8

Flower outside United MET - 5D & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8

No comments:

Post a Comment