Sunday, August 9, 2009

Canon 5D -- Image Quality

Shot with the 5D for a couple of days, and now have some idea of how it performs in low light. I was afraid that it would be about the same as the 1D II, but I am happy to report that the 5D is about 1 full stop better than the 1D II above ISO 400. I can now use ISO 800 without reservation, and ISO 1600 when needed. This is a far cry from the 1Ds where I was afraid to shoot anything over ISO 200.

In terms of lower ISO, the image quality is also amazing. Due to the weaker AA filter, files have more acutance than the 1D II, and slightly more so than the 1Ds. Over all, I am very happy with the purchase. The only downside is the lack of split focus screen for the 5D.

Dillon -- 5D & EF 85mm f1.2 @ f1.4

Guitar Hero Ryan -- 5D & EF 85mm f1.2 @ f1.4, ISO 400

Chinese Gate in East China Town of Toronto -- 5D & Zoomar Kilfitt 90mm f2.8 Macro


. Large Picture


. Larger Picture


. Larger Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment