Monday, July 9, 2012

Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f1.4 as a Carry-Around Lens

Battle Zone on Spadina & Queen -- NEX-5N & Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f1.4. click for larger.

I am now somewhat attached to the Voigtlander Nokton Classic 40mm f1.4 lens on the NEX-5N.  The small size, relatively light weight, and fast maximum aperture makes for a perfect candidate as a walk-around lens on my NEX-5N.  The image quality is excellent and for the money, especially when compared to the Leica 50mm f1.4 Lux, it's an unbeatable value.  I haven't had many chances of using the lens in low light, but for those occasions that I did, the lens did well, though focusing is always an issue at maximum aperture in low light.  In all, I find find the lens to be very enjoyable to use, and it renders pictures that are sharp with nice colours. 

2 comments:

  1. You WILL fall to the dark side a buy Leica gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Maybe not. Trying not to spend too much money on this any more. Enough gears to last me a long time!

      Delete