Monday, June 20, 2011

The Fantastic Four

Downloaded and installed version 4 of the NEX firmware this evening, and couldn't wait to try out the Peaking Level feature.  This was the only feature I really wanted and don't care about others.  I was not disappointed.  It would have helped me tremendously if this was available with the original firmware, but it's better late than never.  Basically the peaking level colours the spot(s) where they fall into focus. I set mine to high with red colour and is very visible.  Can't wait for some real world testing!

Checking Messages -- NEX-5 & Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-QF 200mm f3.5.  Click for larger.

2 comments:

  1. One of the tricks listed is to set it to red or yellow in B&W mode so it is more visible. I'm happy with it as with an 85mm in low you can watch for shimmering pupils and know the portrait is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @soulnibbler: thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it's fantastic. Another advantage to shooting RAW!

    ReplyDelete