Sunday, December 22, 2013

Toronto Ice Storm 2013

We have had a pretty severe ice storm since last night. The rain freezes on power lines, trees, and everything else. There are lots of power lines down by the weight of the ice, and consequently, more than 300,000 people households (more than a million people) were without electricity. Bad timing, of course; winter without power is always bad. Inconveniences aside, this is a great opportunity for photography.

I went out around the area and took some pictures of ice on trees. It was spectacular!

All pictures were taken with Canon 5D Mark II & EF 100mm f2.8L IS, except the first three pictures, taken with Kinoptik Speciale Cine 210mm f2.8.










6 comments:

  1. Agreed. It was spectacular wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting to play with old lenses. I found a few and was given a few as well. The ones I could try on were average lenses. As you have mentioned in some of your posts, I need to stop down. That means taking too much time to adjust LOL I love birding so that doesnt work. I will try them again in summer when the weather is not as cold! I am in Ontario as well so I am experiencing what you are experiencing, even colder in the city I stay in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold is not an excuse to stay indoors, especially in Canada!

      Delete
  3. Some beautiful images there. We don't see stuff like that here :-)

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This is the first time I remember having an ice storm this severe. Merry Christmas to you too! Wish you the best in the new year and may you find what you are looking for.

      Delete