Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Canon EF 100mm f2 USM - Samples Pictures

The Canon 100mm f2 is one of my favourite lenses, especially on full frame.  It is an underrated lens, overshadowed by the 85mm f1.8, and the 100mm f2.8 macro.  Most people who consider the 100mm focal length, would most likely go for the 100mm f2.8 macro, as it's a much more versatile lens, though one stop slower.  Personally, I think the one stop makes a difference, as f2 can be a working aperture.  Truly a great lens to own and use.

I used the 100mm f2 lens with the Canon T2i.  I originally owned this camera for a few months after it was introduced, but didn't like image quality and sold it..  Now that I have a chance to use it again, I miss how responsive the camera performs; more so that the Sony NEX-5N, especially on image playback.  Still, the sensor in the NEX-5N is much better than the T2i with lower noise and more dynamic range.

Maple Leaves - Canon T2i & EF 100mm f2 @ f2.2. Click for larger. 

In the Rain - Canon T2i & EF 100mm f2 @ f2.2. 

Stop - Canon T2i & EF 100mm f2 @ f2. 

Under Construction - Canon T2i & EF 100mm f2 @ f4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment