Thursday, December 29, 2011

Evergreen Brick Works

Dillon, Sally and I decided to hike the trails of the Evergreen Brick Works this morning.  Man, was it ever cold this morning with windchill at around -18c, plus the rock hard ice and snow coming down, it was a tough walk, but we enjoyed it.

Trail -- Canon 1D III & EF 135mm f2 L. Click for larger.

This was the first time I actually gone to the Brick Works, although we biked passed it a few times along the Don River.  I was hoping we could get some pictures inside of the buildings, but it was too early in the morning and after the hike, it was just too much for a day.

Sally's Favourite Evergreen trees -- Canon 1D III & EF 135mm f2 L. Click for larger.

I didn't actually take too many pictures, mostly because it was so cold and the snow was pretty heavy at times.  I was going to bring the 200mm f1.8L with me, but Dillon warned me that I should bring light gear as the trails could be steep.  Sort of regretted that I didn't bring it, as there was definitely opportunities to use this lens.  Oh well, perhaps next time.

Sharing a moment -- 1D III & EF 135mm f2 L. Click for larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment