Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wollensak Raptar 50mm f1.5 C-Mount - Photo Set

The Wollensak Raptar 2 inch (50mm) f1.5 is the last c-mount lens I purchased, and that was last year.  So, I have been pretty good at NOT buying a lot of lenses. I figured I really should use more of what I have already got. Most c-mount lenses vignette severely on the NEX cameras, including this one. In many ways, that's one of the charm of this kind of lenses; it's a hardware based vignette feature and no Photoshop is required :)

I really like this lens. Not only because it's optically interesting, but the build quality is first rate. The chrome finish looks gorgeous; decades passed and it is still beautiful. Very happy to have this lens. In fact, I like this one more than the Kodak Anastigmat 50mm f1.6, even though it does not have the close focusing capability as the Kodak. Both lenses are superb but the excessive swirling of the Kodak sometimes drives me crazy.

Bokeh - NEX-6 & Wollensak Raptar 50mm f1.5. Click for larger.

Bokeh #2 - NEX-6 & Wollensak Raptar 50mm f1.5. Click for larger.

Glenpine in Black & White - NEX-6 & Wollensak Raptar 50mm f1.5

The Jay Walker - NEX-6 & Wollensak Raptar 50mm f1.5


No comments:

Post a Comment