Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8 - Photo Set

I bought two Pancolar 80mm f1.8 from my good friend Paul's personal collection many years ago. One of them was not working. A nice guy from the Xitek forum offered to fix the lens for me, for free!  I sent the broken lens to him in China, and he found that a small part that controls the aperture was missing.  Unbelievably, he made the part himself and fixed the lens. I offered him a Contax 50mm f1.4 Planar as payment, and he refused. I have seen my share of nasty people, but there are thousands of times more generous and nice people. I truly believe that in the end, our species will survive, because there are so many people with a beautiful heart out there.

The Pancolar 80mm f1.8 remains one of my favourite lenses, despite the fact that I have not used it much. It's simply gorgeous on full frame, but also nice on the NEX. Not a very common lens around, which make sit a bit pricy on the market.

Maple Leaf - Sony NEX-6 & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8. Click for larger.

Tiger Lily - Sony NEX-6 & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8. Click for larger.

Pink flower - Sony NEX-6 & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8. Click for larger.

Fresh from BBQ - Sony NEX-6 & Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 80mm f1.8. 


No comments:

Post a Comment