Thursday, March 22, 2012

Meyer-Gorlitz Primotar 18cm f3.5 Samples

One-wheeled Bike -- NEX-5N & Meyer-Gorlitz Primotar 18cm f3.5

Frankly, I am disappointed with this lens.  When I shot the first  few samples at home, the light was flat and the pictures came out not so bad.  The other day I shot with this lens in full sun, most pictures came out that look like they have a layer of fog.  I guess either the hoods were not long enough, or the lens just behaves like this in very bright light.

Four red chairs -- NEX-5N & Meyer-Gorlitz Primotar 18cm f3.5

From what I can tell from all the pictures I took that day, this lens has very little contrast below f5.6 in bright lights.  The nice bokeh of this lens couldn't save the day.  Perhaps, it's only suited to shoot in flat light.

Bokeh -- NEX-5N & Meyer-Gorlitz Primotar 18cm f3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment