Tuesday, February 14, 2012

753 Stars of Love

Jar of stars
753 stars in a jar -- Canon 1D Mark III & EF 135mm f2.8 Soft Focus

Two years after we started dating, Jessica gave me a jar filled with stars, 753 to be exact, with all sorts of colours and sizes. Many of them had Love written on them.  I had the jar in my hand and didn't know what to make of it until she told me that one star represented a day we had been together.  I found my eyes were becoming misty, and my heart warmed.  I was very touched by this gesture of love.  The fact that she counted each day we met, and remembered it with a star, made me realized how serious she was, and how much she valued our relationship.  I knew then, that she had completely captured my heart; that she was the one for me, and that we would spend the rest of our lives together.  Over the years, we went through some very rough times together, and our relationships never grew apart, but got stronger because of that.  Only death will do us part, as in our marriage vows.

Happy Valentine's Day, my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment