Sunday, January 22, 2012

Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Curgagon 28mm f4 Revisited

web_DSC01856
Out Shooting -- NEX-5N & Schneider Curtagon 28mm f4.

Last time I wrote bout the Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Curtagon 28mm f4 when I used it on the Panasonic G1, and I didn't have much nice thing to say about it.  I decided to try it again on the NEX-5N and see if it fares better.  Well, indeed it seems to be slightly better at the corners, even on a larger sensor.  Still it's not a very sharp lens, but definitely good enough for a lot of people. I like the colours out of the Schneider DKL lenses.

web_DSC01868
Gooderham Flateron -- NEX-5N & Curtagon 28mm f4 @ f8.

3 comments:

  1. The shot of the flatiron looks great! The colours in the flatiron itself really jump out of the picture. Somehow you have managed to isolate the subject with vivid colour (ie instead of depth of field), which is very cool! The views along both Front and Wellington streets is also great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lucindale. I find it very difficult to photograph the Flatiron and make it look good. The area is getting more cluttered now than it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just discovered this lens (Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Curtagon 28mm f4) in my husbands' grandfathers camera bag. Could you tell me what it is worth? Where should I try and sell it? He took meticulous care of his things and is screwed tight in a lens box. It won't fit my newer camera.

    ReplyDelete