Monday, May 30, 2011

The Bird Feeder

Feeding the birds -- NEX-5 & Leica-R 35mm f2. Click for larger.

The Leica-R 35mm f2 Summicron is one of my favourite 35mm lenses, right up there with my Canon EF 35mm f1.4, but I like the Leica colour and bokeh much better.  Absolutely usable at f2 and extremely sharp stopping down just a bit.  The built-in lens hood comes in very handy in sunny days.  Very heavy lens for the size.

This is one of the many lenses I bought from Stan Nycz, who owned and operated International Camera Repair for many decades.  Stan passed away in January of 2011, only a few months after he closed his business.  He was a nice man and will be missed.

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice, can we have a few more with the Leica?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Sound Gallery: thanks. I will try to post a few more from the Leica in the next little while.

    ReplyDelete