Sunday, September 19, 2010

Convergence

Don River at Lakeshore -- G1 & Kit Lens. Click to enlarge.

I think the G1 has the best implementation of black and white filters.  I can't convert from RAW into anything even close to the Dynamic B&W filter.  I wish cameras would have more film emulation filters built-in -- Tri-X, Velvia, Portra, RVP, or whatever your favourite film is.

As I have said before, the kit lens that came with the original G1 is an outstanding lens.  Very sharp and the IS is effective.  The only downside I can see, other than the slow maximum aperture, is the inherent distortion.  If you shoot jpeg, or process the RAW file in Photoshop/Lightroom, the images are automatically distortion corrected. I can't help but feel that there is a cost to the correction.  Image quality must be affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment