Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pentax-M 20mm f4 - Infrared Photo Set

Today is a perfect day for infrared photography.  As usual, my preferred lens for IR is the Pentax-M 20mm f4. This lens could be very bad with distortion if not careful, but I find it to be excellent on the APS-C cameras. The signature of this lens is its sharpness, especially on the low density sensors like the Canon 20D. The images captured by this lens has excellent definition. This is one of my favourite K-mount lenses.

All photos below were taken with the Canon 20D IR & Pentax-M 20mm f4.






2 comments:

  1. Love it. Been thinking of getting an it conversion but wonder if 35mm isn't still better in some ways.

    Beautifully clean images

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get a 5D and get it converted to IR, but I think it's better to get a camera with live-view, because with IR, the focus is hard to tell and is different for each lens. The 5D II would be perfect, but I can't bring myself doing that to mine :)

      Delete