Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goodbye HOC


Henry's Outlet Centre -- Panasonic G1 & Konica 35mm f2.8. Larger Size.

Henry's Outlet Centre (HOC) closed its Queen Street location yesterday and is moving to Mississauga. To many of us, it was a place to hang around after work, and a place to get weird and one of a kind stuff. Over the last 7 years, I have accumulated more junk from the Outlet store than I care to admit. In fact, I still have boxes of "bargains" sitting at home.

I will miss it dearly. Each day I ride my bike passing through 69 Queen Street East, I will remember the nice people I have met inside over the years. All the sales people there are awesome and I am proud to have known all of them.

Mississauga is too far for me. With such bad traffic between Toronto and Mississauga, I doubt I will be able to visit the new store often.

Well, it was great while it lasted.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this. I am Canadian (from Toronto) live in the UK. Was last in Toronto last July and visited here and some other Photography Shops on Younge St. Mississauga is about a 40minute drive away but realistically traffic (as you say) can be chaotic!!!
    Question - not related to this article (I have spent alot of time looking at http://topleftpixel.ca (also takes pictures of Toronto) - just came across your blog now after searching in google for a review on Vivitar 19-35 mm f3.5-4.5 Wide angle lens. I have a Canon 450d (see http://maxthelab.co.uk and http://timeccleston.com - have a Canon 18-55mm and a Tamron 70-300mm, but wanted to find other good lenses to replace the Tamron (it's not USM). Off to San Francisco in Oct 10 and want a wide angle lense and possibly a lense which will act as a 18-200 (but they cost $$$$) - Do you have any ideas on good budget lenses which for me (2 year amateur) will suffice.

    ReplyDelete