Monday, May 12, 2014

Sugar Beach in Infrared with Pentax-M 28mm f2.8

I recently acquired a very cheap Pentax-M 28mm f2.8. There are many variations of this lens in the Pentax family, and I was especially interested in comparing it to the Pentax-K 28mm f3.5 which I have for a while, but hardly used.  But that has to come later.  I put this lens on the Infrared modified Canon 20D ran through a few dozen frames and like most Pentax primes, it's an excellent performer; I was not disappointed.  The Pentax-M 20mm f4, which I used pretty much exclusively on the 20D IR camera, is extremely sharp, but pictures coming out of the Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 is indistinguishable from the 20mm f4, except the angle of view of course.  Judging from memory, it's on par, if not better than the K28mm f3.5. Very nice lens indeed, and the best part is that this lens is reasonably cheap.

All pictures below were taken with Canon 20D IR and Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 at around f8-f11.






3 comments:

  1. Really nice! I need to get one of the old bodies IR converted.

    P.S. I needed to refresh the word puzzle a half dozen times to find something legible. Comment moderation works well in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried turning off the world verifications but the amount of spam coming through is ridiculous. I had to turn it back on.

      Delete
  2. Have you tried the Canon FD 28mm f2.8 S.C. Sharper, less vignetting, better colours and contrast. I have directly compared the Pentax-M against the Canon FD on the A7, the canon has sigficantly better corners and the vignetting is much lighter

    ReplyDelete