Wednesday, October 9, 2013

An Afternoon Walk with the Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon 50mm f1.9 DKL

At my last job where I work, I routinely went out and shoot pictures during lunch hour, and didn't feel much resistance most day. In fact, I rather enjoyed it, possibly because I worked on the first floor of the building and it was easy to just go out. But, this job I work, if I have to go out, I would have to wait for the elevator, then go down 17 floors, and finally outside. Maybe it's an excuse, but I find it has become one of my obstacle to tackle every time I wanted to go out and shoot at my lunch hour.

The Xenon 50mm f1.9 DKL is one of my favourite 50mm lenses. I especially like the bokeh it produces, but it also performs excellent as a normal lens. Extremely sharp, and well made, and I think it would be wonderful on the NEX full frame :)

All pictures below were taken with the Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon 50mm f1.9 DKL mount and Sony NEX-6.






2 comments:

  1. how do you find it ergonomically? I just found thgis lens awkward to handle, which is bit unfair, as the adapter and aperture selection is to blame the most?
    Plus I think my tabs for changing aperture broke :(
    Only lens in DKL I kept is Voigt Septon 50mm f2... waiting for FF NEX as well :)
    Cheers,
    Rad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not best handling lens, due to the fact that aperture control is not part of the lens but part of the adapter. But the lens focuses very smoothly and I don't have much bad stuff to say about it.

      Delete