Monday, July 8, 2013

Ropes

After shooting some infrared pictures at the dock with the Pentax-M 20mm f4 lens, I thought there might be a few more pictures that may look good using a longer focal length, as the 20mm lens was too wide for some of the shots I want to make. So today I went back there at lunch, and shot a few frame with the Soligor C/D 80-200mm f3.5 lens. I am quite happy with the turnout.

The Soligor C/D series of lenses are like the Vivitar Series-1; lenses with the C/D designation are their top of the line lenses. This particular lens is very good for a zoom. It's probably on par with the Vivitar Series-1 70-210mm f3.5 (there are at least two versions of this lens, 62mm and 67mm filter size), which became a cult classic. I like the build of the Soligor lens, which is all metal. This lens has a separate focus ring and a zoom ring (two touch zoom), which some hate and some love. I am neutral about this, but often turned the zoom ring to focus, for some reason. Maybe I am not used to shooting with zooms.

Life - NEX-6 & Soligor C/D 80-200mm f3.5 [MD]. Click for larger.

Tied up - NEX-6 & Soligor C/D 80-200mm f3.5 [MD]. Click for larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment