Monday, March 14, 2011

Yet Another Swim Meet

On Saturday we went to the kid's swim meet in the Matty Eckler Community Center. Our Jimmy Simpson Dolphins team saw a huge improvement this time over the last meet.  I am especially happy to see Megan won first place for all the events she entered for her age group, including the two team relay events.  Another team member, Jack, also won all first place for the events he entered.  Even William won first place for one of the events.  The hard work of the whole team has paid off.  Couches Beth and Mathew should be very proud.  

I tried the video on the NEX-5 for William's events, who competed in the morning.  The video files are significantly smaller than that of the Canon T2i.  Not sure why.  I do prefer the T2i video though.  Seems to have more clarify than the NEX-5.  Perhaps the compression is higher on the NEX.

William after the event -- NEX-5 & Carl Zeiss HFT 50mm f1.4 @ f1.4. Click to see larger.

So far, I am quite happy with NEX-5, especially in the high ISO department.  This picture above was shot at ISO 1000 and as you can see, it's quite clean.  I am also enamoured with the Carl Zeiss HFT 50mm f1.4 lens in Rollei mount.  It's in my possession for a number of years, but it could not focus to infinity with the Canon adapters I have tried, so it didn't see much use.  I would preferred to use it in full frame, but it works wonderfully with NEX.

For sports photos, the big 1D IIn and the EF 200mm f1.8L combo is still my favourite.  I have come to accept ISO 1600 on the 1D IIn, even though I don't like noisy pictures, but having noisy pictures is better than not having any pictures.

Butterfly -- 1D IIn & EF 200mm f1.8 @ f2. Click to see larger.

Butterfly -- 1D IIn & EF 200mm f1.8 @ f2. click to see larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment