Friday, January 21, 2011

JML 50mm f0.95 Low Light Sample

William & Mom -- NEX-5 & JML 50mm f0.95 TV Lens.  Click to enlarge.

There are a number of features I like about the NEX.  I already mention the low light performance, which is much better than the G1 I have.  Another feature I like a lot is the D-Range Optimizer.  This feature automatically brighten up the dark area in a high contrast situation and best of all, works with RAW files.

I am loving the JML 50mm f0.95 lens.  It's focal length is equivalent to 75mm on the NEX, much more versatile than on the G1, which translates to 100mm.  I am shooting the NEX like a TLR (Twin Lens Reflex) at waist level.  Strangely, I find it surprisingly natural shooting like this.

A super fast lens allows me to shoot at low light in low ISO to get the best picture quality possible.  The picture above was shot at around f1.0/1.2, ISO 500 at 1/80 of a second.  I really have no complains about this lens, given its low cost.

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for info this lens.
    Can ask you where can i buy this lens? (link ebay or else) how much its cost? and adapter C mount to nex?
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought this (and the JML 25mm f0.95) at the local Craigslist. I am not sure where you can get a new lens of this kind, perhaps JML itself?

      Delete