Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kew Gardens

Kew gardens is a very large recreational park located at the Beaches community.  It stretches from Queen street all the way to the lake.  In the north side, you can browse books in the nearby library, take your kids to the play ground, or take a walk around the park with historic bandstand.  There is also Dr. William Young memorial next to the bandstand.  In the fall, it's a beautiful place to take a stroll and of course, take pictures.

I took the Pentax-M 20mm f4 and the G1 with me yesterday and spent about an hour photographing the north side of the Kew Gardens.  The G1 has been my to-go camera for the last few weeks, as the Canon gear (1D IIn with lenses) is really too big and too heavy for casual shooting.  The tiny Pentax-M 20mm f4 and the G1 is a very good combo.  I wish the 20mm were the f1.7 Panasonic, but I can't bring myself to buying more lenses.  As I wrote before, the Pentax-M 20mm f4 is an excellent performer.  Very sharp, albeit a bit slow with an f4 maximum aperture.  I am quite happy how the pictures turned out.

Dr. William Young Memorial - G1 & Pentax-M 20mm f4. Click to enlarge.

The Bandstand, built in the 1850s - G1 & Pentax-M 20mm f4. Click to enlarge.

The Fence - G1 & Pentax-M 20mm f4. Click to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment